Al Brooks provides bar-by-bar analysis on a five-minute chart of the previous day’s prices action in the E-mini S&P 500. This is his analysis for Friday, June 29, 2018.
- Bar 1 - 1 gu, bull bar, always in long, buy the close, but not big bull bar and gap not big, and open of month magnet below. Probably will get test down in 1st hour
- Bar 2 - Follow through, but not big bull bar so not strongly bullish
- Bar 4 - Fail, failure breakout, but 3 bbl, tail, buy below or probably buyers at the low of the bar scaling in lower
- Bar 6 - One legged pullback in a bull move but 3 dojis, possibly final flag. Open of week, daily exponential moving average, June 27 lower high, May 22 high magnet above
- Bar 8 - Two-legged pullback in a bear move, possible high of day, but low probability so swing or wait, but tight channel, magnet above, early tight trading range 4
- Bar 10 - Double bottom bull flag 6 but consecutive bear bar, tight trading range, limit order market, sellers scaling in above, buyers below, both scalping
- Bar 14 - Inside bar, small pullback bull trend, target above. If bull start to get gaps, could be big bull trend day
- Bar 19 - One legged pullback in a bull move but at open of week and day exponential moving average. Always in long, small pullback bull trend, but possibly tight trading range here or soon
- Bar 20 - Breakout pullback buy or long, bull bar, but at resistance, probably sellers above or probably sellers at the high of the bar scaling in higher and tight trading range
- Bar 21 - Wedge 7 19, bear bar, test open of week and 20-day emg, but tight channel, small pullback bull trend, buy below or probably buyers at the low of the bar scaling in lower and below 20. Tight channel so only sellers above or probably sellers at the high of the bar scaling in higher until more sideways
- Bar 22 - One legged pullback in a bull move, small pullback bull trend, but 6 bar tight trading range at resistance, better to wait for a strong bull breakout, or more buying pressure and second entry buy since might test 7 high breakout point
More bar-by-bar analysis, daily webinar and trading course info can be found here and also here.