If you're looking for another summer read or an edge in trading or investing knowledge, look no further: We've compiled a list of top books for traders released this year, based on the book's average Amazon customer review score.
Spoiler alert: Bitcoin is all the rage this summer.
Click next for the top 10.
10. Profitable Day and Swing Trading: Using Price/Volume Surges and Pattern Recognition to Catch Big Moves in the Stock Market
by Harry Boxer
Trader Harry Boxer offers the information needed to recognize chart patterns, identify trades and execute entries and exits that will maximize profits and limit losses. Boxer also reveals his concept of price-volume surges as the key to identifying the most lucrative trades.
9. Beyond the Bitcoin Hype: An Introduction to Bitcoin and Why It Will Fail
by Marc Novus
This book takes you through the different arguments made for and against Bitcoin, analyzing the assumptions, beliefs and values that are normally taken for granted in discussions about the controversial currency.
8. Great Chain of Numbers: A Guide to Smart Contracts, Smart Property and Trustless Asset Management
by Tim Swanson
Read interviews from nearly four dozen entrepreneurs, developers, investors and legal experts regarding the potential opportunities and challenges of the new trustless asset managmenet space. These veterans provide insight and anecdotes to try to understand what the future of the industry holds.
7. Black Market Cryptocurrencies: The rise of Bitcoin alternatives that offer true anonymity
by Will Martin
Who anonymous cryptocurrency will be the first to become widely adopted? Learn about all the anonymous currencies along with the growth of the global black market, the hedging ability of these currencies and the rise of darknet marketplaces and online gambling.
6. Bitcoin Decoded: Bitcoin Beginner's Guide to Mining and the Strategies to Make Money with Cryptocurrencies
by Brett Combs
Learn the basics of Bitcoin: how it's created, how mining works, how the currency operates and, of course, how to daytrade Bitcoin and make money with it.
5. Secret Money: Living on Bitcoin in the Real World
by Kashmir Hill
Forbes Senior Online Editor Kashmir Hill explores Bitcoin's rise through a week trying to survive using the cryptocurrency.
4. The Bitcoin Beginner Guide: A Proven, Step-by-step Guide To Making Money With Bitcoins
by Dennis Hollingsworth
Go in depth into multiple methods of how to obtain Bitcoins and make money with them, and evaluate the pros and cons of each method.
3. The Market Whisperer: A New Approach to Stock Trading: The Guide to Success and Economic Empowerment
by Meir Barak
Meir Barak, a professional trader and CEO of Tradenet, a trading school which he established, explains the fundamentals of trading, how to profit from rising and falling markets, advanced trading methods and trading psychology.
2. Panic, Prosperity, and Progress: Five Centuries of History and the Markets
by Timothy Knight
Learn about financial market behavior prior, during and following tumultous events from Tulipmania in the 1600s to the modern sovereign debt crisis and how they provide opportunities for investors and traders to profit.
1. Bitcoin 101: The Ultimate Guide to Bitcoin for Beginners: Bitcoin Market, Cryptocurrency and Bitcoin Basics
by Mike Fishbein
Learn the first steps of using and trading Bitcoin, including details on the technology behind the currency and how to use it, facts and opinions on its future and where and when to invest.
Like we said, most of these books are on bitcoin--but there was life before bitcoin. Tell us which books are "Tops" on your shelf and we will include them in our next "Top Books for Traders" post. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (@yesifutures) and include 200-250 words describing why your favorite book is helpful to you. Include your twitter handle, if you have one, and we will tweet the link to you once it's live. Happy reading!