New for Traders: SHFE preps for crude oil futures contract
- Shanghai Futures Exchange unveiled the Shanghai International Energy Trade Center in the city’s pilot free-trade zone, which will allow the bourse to speed up preparatory work for its planned crude oil futures contract.
- LME plans to list new commodities futures in Hong Kong in 2H14, including ire ore and coal contracts, according to Reuters.
- CME Group announced the sale of NYMEX building in New York. The Exchange will lease back 222,000 square feet of the building for a 15-year term.
- ISE Gemini announced it has completed the rollout of 302 additional products, representing the fourth successful product rollout since launch.
- CBOE Holdings, Inc. announced today that Chicago Board Options Exchange and CBOE Futures Exchange will launch trading on Russell 2000® Volatility Index options and futures.
- Integral Development Corp. announced Integral FX Benchmark, a set of second-by-second foreign exchange benchmark rates for major currency pairs.
- Eze Software Group released a new version of its Trader PMS, a portfolio management system for global buy-side institutions.
- Object Trading announced it is adding support for NYSE Technologies’ Middleware Agnostic Messaging API to its FrontRunner DMA suite.
- Barchart launched a new version of its mobile app on the App Store and Google Play.
- IntercontinentalExchange announced it plans to spin-ff Euornext through an IPO by mid-2014, according to CEO Jeffrey Sprecher.
- OpenGamma announced a new margining platform for clearing members to support the initial margin calculation requirements of central counterparties on OTC swap transactions.
- HKEx aims to introduce after-hours trading of mini-HIS futures and mini-HHI futures, starting Jan. 6, 2014.