New for Traders: ICE completes acquisition of NYSE
- IntercontinentalExchange completed its acquisition of NYSE Euronext on Nov. 13.
- NYX Liffe announced it will launch a new ultra long 30-year gilt contract on Nov. 25.
- CQG, Inc. announced its latest product innovation, CQG QTrader, a new charting and execution platform for advanced traders. CQG QTrader makes CQG’s market data, charting, and electronic trading more accessible.
- Eze Software Group announced that CQG’s Continuum Order Routing Network is now available in Eze Software’s multi-broker, cross-asset electronic execution platform, the RealTick® EMS. This integration provides users of the RealTick EMS with direct global futures exchange connectivity to over 50 additional markets and access to more than 100 new Futures Commission Merchants (FCMs). Users can now enter an order in the RealTick EMS and route it through the CQG network directly to any broker or exchange to which CQG is connected.
- Trading Technologies International, Inc. (TT) announced that TT will introduce connectivity to NASDAQ OMX eSpeed in the first quarter of 2014. The eSpeed platform operates a fully executable central limit order book for electronic trading in benchmark U.S. Treasuries, one of the world’s largest and most liquid fixed-income cash markets.
- U.S. stock and options exchanges reached an agreement on how to strengthen securities markets, including rules to protect the securities information process.
- CME Group announced the launch of options on CME's Yen-denominated Nikkei Stock Average futures. CME Group will reference the Osaka Security Exchange's (OSE) Nikkei 225 (Yen) Futures contract in connection with these options contracts.
- CME Group announced a series of changes to its transaction fee schedule, which will affect traders in markets from Treasuries to energies, and will go into effect on Jan. 1.
- Degussa Goldhandel (Gold Trade) Group acquired Sharps Pixley Ltd, one of the leading bullion trading businesses based in London. The acquisition of Sharps Pixley Ltd underscores Degussa's future ambitions to play a major role in international gold trade.
- DailyForex.com launched FX Academy, a Forex education training portal built by traders for traders. Founded by the DailyForex team of Forex industry experts and professional traders, the new FX Academy provides free interactive, individualised training for Forex traders of all experience levels with a wide range of educational materials and realistic learning simulations based on actual market conditions.