New for Traders: CBOE launches Mini-SPX Index options
- Chicago Board Options Exchange announced that the Exchange will list a Mini-SPX Index option (options symbol: XSP) contract with a new PM-settlement feature beginning on Tuesday, Nov. 5.
- CBOE Holdings, Inc. announced today that Chicago Board Options Exchange and CBOE Futures Exchange will launch trading on Russell 2000® Volatility Index options and futures.
- Russell Indexes has added a new index to the Russell Fundamental Index® Series. The Series, which was launched in collaboration with Research Affiliates in 2011 and has gained widespread adoption by retail and institutional investors globally, uses fundamental economic measures of company size rather than stock price in selecting and weighting index constituents.
- State Street Global Exchange announced that it is now clearing over-the-counter interest rate swaps using LCH.Clearnet Ltd.’s, SwapClear service. The announcement comes shortly after SwapExSM, State Street’s electronic trading platform for interest rate and FX derivatives, was provisionally registered as a swap execution facility (SEF) by the CFTC in September. SwapEx began trading on October 8, 2013.
- IntercontinentalExchange announced the introduction of 64 new energy contracts on Nov. 18, 2013.
- IntercontinentalExchange has launched ICE Swap Trade, ICE's CFTC-registered Swap Execution Facility (SEF), with trading activity in many different products in the energy and credit default swap (CDS) markets.
- Integral Development Corp. announced that it launched Integral SEF (ISEF, offered through INFX SEF. This follows the decision by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission Division of Market Oversight to grant INFX SEF temporary registration as a swap execution facility.
- Moscow Exchange and Eurex announced today that they have signed a cooperation agreement for the trading of foreign exchange (FX) derivatives. Through this new element of the partnership between Deutsche Börse and Moscow Exchange, Eurex Exchange will launch Euro/Russian Rouble and U.S. Dollar/Russian Rouble FX futures on its trading system in Q4 2013
- FCM360 introduced the Cloud Trader product group, giving retail and small institutional investors superior access to Foreign Exchange (FOREX) trading formerly available only to big banks and financial institutions at a far greater cost.
- Object Trading announced that Deltix has integrated its quantitative analytics and trading technology with the firm’s global DMA platform for equity, derivative and FX markets.