- Eurex launched options on French government bond futures with effect from 10 September, the international derivatives market Eurex Exchange will launch options on futures that are based on notional long-term bonds issued by the French Republic with a notional coupon of 6 percent and a remaining maturity of 8.5 to 10.5 years.
- TradeStation announced new pricing policies designed to give equities and options traders greater flexibility and better value in choosing the commission plan that best suits their trading frequency and style.
- Finect, a new social media site designed to meet the needs of the financial services industry, recently launched in a public beta. In addition to providing a secure platform for advisors and clients to communicate, Finect automatically backs-up all communications, ensuring everything stays in regulatory compliance. Individuals can create profile pages and then join various groups. Watch for the Futures Magazine Group to be launched soon.
- The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. announced the sale of a majority equity interest in REDI, the technology provider for the leading REDIPlus® Execution Management System (EMS), to a consortium of investors including BofA Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citadel and Lightyear Capital. Goldman Sachs is retaining a significant minority equity stake in the company.
- The International Securities Exchange and SecuredGrowth Quantitative Research, Inc. announced their partnership agreement to develop and promote indexes that combine the performance of popular Exchange-Traded Products (ETPs) with the proprietary SecuredGrowth™ process to enhance the return of any benchmark index or portfolio.
- Singapore Exchange (SGX) proposes to add new Asian Index Futures contracts to provide global customers an extensive coverage into Asia’s key markets. These contracts will complement SGX’s current suite of futures contracts including SGX MSCI Singapore, SGX MSCI Indonesian, SGX MSCI Taiwan, SGX Nikkei 225 (Japan), SGX FTSE China A50 and SGX CNX Nifty (India).
- The Futures and Options Association and the Futures Industry Association announced an agreement in principle to combine their two organizations under one global structure and brand called FIA Global.
- The London Metal Exchange (LME) launched a consultation on a proposal designed to cut warehouse queues, and encourages responses from all interested parties. The proposal presented to the market today suggests a way to both cut existing queues and prevent new queues from forming.
- Continuum and CQG, Inc. announced the addition of foreign exchange trade execution to its services through integration with KCG Hotspot, the award-winning electronic communication network (ECN) for the institutional foreign exchange market. The connection is powered by Continuum’s new Access Direct API family.