- NYSE Liffe U.S. will launch three new global equity index futures beginning Sept. 10. The contracts, mini MSCI Canada, mini MSCI Emerging Markets Latin America and mini MSCI World futures will give customers more flexibility and exposure to global markets.
- Chi-X Canada ATS Limited announced plans to launch a second lit marketplace, CX2 ATS, in the first quarter of 2013. With CX2, Chi-X Canada will establish a different market model and provide the trading community with greater choice and functionality.
- CETIP and ICE jointly launched a Brazilian fixed income trading platform called “Cetip | Trader”. ICE will provide the technology for the platform, which will combine electronic trading, voice confirmation, straight through processing and real-time and historical data in a single tool that will provide transparency, price formation and workflow automation to Brazil’s fixed income markets.
- BATS Global Markets filed to launch a Retail Price Improvement (RPI) program on the BATS BYX Exchange, a response to NYSE’s recent installment of its Retail Liquidity Program.
- Direct Edge will no longer penalize traders for sending large numbers of trade messages that don’t result in actual trades. The firm’s program will reduce the rebate to firms that average one trade per 100 messages over a one-month period.
- IS Investment, Turkey’s largest investment bank, has partnered with Integral Development Corp. to automate its margin FX business. By customizing Integral’s cloud-based technology, IS will gain access to more than a dozen bank liquidity providers and a high-performance connection to MetaTrader 4.
- CME is applying to the U.K.’s Financial Services Authority, in the hopes of creating a London-based derivatives exchange. The exchange, CME Europe, would launch in mid-2013, and would initially trade FX futures.
- ICAP’s BrokerTec and the London Stock Exchange’s MTS unit announced the launch of a series of Eurozone repo market indexes for eight Eurozone sovereign bond markets in the fourth quarter.
- Moscow Exchange will launch USD/RUB FX swaps with maturity of the second part of nine months and one year on Aug. 20, broadening the range of Exchange’s long-term swaps.
- CME Globex will launch new short-dated crop wheat options beginning Sept. 4. The new options will offer enhanced hedging flexibility and new trading opportunities to customers. They are also designed to offer lower premiums and earlier expiry dates during the growing season.
- CME Clearing Europe announced it has extended the range of eligible collateral types to include gold bullion.
- CME Group announced the launch of U.S. Midwest #1 Busheling Ferrous Scrap (AMM) futures, effective Sept. 10. If approved, this will be the first ferrous scrap futures contract available to U.S. steel industry participants.
- NYSE Amex Options, one of NYSE Euronext’s U.S. options exchanges, announced that it has received SEC approval to eliminate position limits for options on the SPDR S&P 500 Exchange-Traded Fund as part of a 14-month pilot program.
- Chicago Board Options Exchange Inc. (CBOE) will launch trading in a CBOE S&P 500 Range Options, a new type of S&P 500 Index options contract, beginning Aug. 28.
- Miami International Securities Exchange (MIAX) published its application to the SEC to become the US’s 11th equity options venue. SEC is seeking comment on the exchange in order to decide on the MIAX application.
- Orc, a provider of technology and services for the financial industry, announced its support of the Chicago Board Options Exchange’s (CBOE) updated CMi 2.0 exchange protocol. “CBOE’s new CMi 2.0 interface provides lower latency and better performance for CBOE participants,”said Gerald O’Connell, CBOE Executive Vice President and CIO.
- OptionsCity Software Inc. announced that OptionsCity Metro clients connected to the InterContinental Exchange (ICE) will have an easy transition during ICE’s analog-to-digital shift. ICE recently announced that, starting Oct. 22, options on futures listed on ICE Futures U.S. will trade only on the ICE electronic trading system.
- Direct Edge launched Edge Ticker PlantSM, an accelerated market data aggregator. Edge Ticker Plant leverages the Connect EdgeSM network and Exegy ticker plant technology to integrate more than 20 market data feeds with direct market access to all major U.S. equity exchanges.
- The CFTC announced the launch of ciciutility.org, a website on which market participants can register for CFTC Interim Compliant Identifiers (CICI). Registered entities and swap counterparties use these legal entity identifiers (LEI) to comply with CFTC reporting regulations. The commission eventually plans to introduce a related global LEI system.
- The CFTC approved final conforming amendments to regulations governing the activities of commodity pool operators (CPOs) and commodity trading advisors (CTAs). The new rules require CPOs and CTAs to disclose information on swap intermediaries and activities for both their futures and swaps.