- CME’s agreement with MF Global trustee James Giddens has won court approval. MF Global will be able to recover nearly $160 million from CME, with around $130m to go to former MF Global customers.
- JP Morgan will allow customers trading futures and swaps to keep excess funds in insured bank accounts rather than keeping it at the brokerage unit.
- MF Global trustee James Giddens will cooperate with lawyers suing former executives for damages related to the brokerage’s collapse in 2011. Giddens will not be a plaintiff in the lawsuits, but he will “assign” legal claims to the plaintiffs and fully “participate” in the cases.
- Direct Edge launched Edge Ticker PlantSM, an accelerated market data aggregator. Edge Ticker Plant leverages the Connect EdgeSM network and Exegy ticker plant technology to integrate more than 20 market data feeds with direct market access to all major U.S. equity exchanges.
- Prolexic, a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection service, announced that its DDoS detection and DDoS protection services have been selected by Global eSolutions Limited, a provider of trading technology.
- MGEX launched futures and options contracts on Apple Juice Concentrate (AJC) on Tuesday, Aug. 14.
- CME Clearing Europe announced it has extended the range of eligible collateral types to include gold bullion.
- Miami International Securities Exchange (MIAX) published its application to the SEC to become the US’s 11th equity options venue. SEC is seeking comment on the exchange in order to decide on the MIAX application.
- The International Securities Exchange announced that it has completed the roll out of Implied Order functionality for all products in its complex order book.
- Moscow Exchange will launch USD/RUB FX swaps with maturity of the second part of 9 months and 1 year on August 20, broadening the range of Exchange’s long-term swaps.
- India’s MCX Stock Exchange received approval to launch currency options on its platform. MCX-SX will introduce options on the USD-INR currency pair; although a launch date has yet to be announced. The exchange also received regulatory approval in July to start trading equities, equity futures, interest rate futures and wholesale debt products.
- Chi-X Canada ATS Limited announced plans to launch a second lit marketplace, CX2 ATS, in the first quarter of 2013. With CX2, Chi-X Canada will establish a different market model and provide the trading community with greater choice and functionality.
- CETIP and ICE jointed launched a Brazilian fixed income trading platform called “Cetip | Trader”. ICE will provide the technology for the platform, which will combine electronic trading, voice confirmation, straight through processing and real-time and historical data in a single tool that will provide transparency, price formation and workflow automation to Brazil’s fixed income markets.
- BATS Global Markets filed to launch a Retail Price Improvement (RPI) program on the BATS BYX Exchange, a response to NYSE’s recent installment of its Retail Liquidity Program.
- Dividend Stocks Online (DSO) announces the release of the new Dividend Income Tracker and DSO Dividend History tool set. These tools help investors track the income they receive from dividend investments.
- TMX and Maple Group announced the completion of Maple’s takeover offer. Maple will be renamed TMX Group Limited.