CME Group Inc. Announces Preliminary Results from its 2012 Annual Meeting of Shareholders
CME Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CME) today announced the preliminary shareholder voting results from its 2012 annual meeting.
At the meeting, shareholders:
- Elected Dennis H. Chookaszian, Larry G. Gerdes, Daniel R. Glickman, James E. Oliff, Edemir Pinto, Alex J. Pollock and William R. Shepard each for a two-year term expiring in 2014;
- Ratified the appointment of Ernst & Young as the company's independent registered public accounting firm for 2012;
- Approved on an advisory basis the compensation of the company's named executive officers;
- Approved the Fourth Amended and Restated Certificate of Incorporation of CME Group Inc. to eliminate the classification of the company's board as of the 2014 annual meeting;
- Approved the CME Group Inc. Amended and Restated Omnibus Stock Plan; and
- Approved the CME Group Inc. Amended and Restated Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Shareholders did not approve the shareholder proposal to amend the company's By-Laws to allow shareholders to nominate director candidates for inclusion in the company's proxy materials.
In addition, the company's Class B-1 shareholders elected Jeffrey M. Bernacchi to a two-year term; Class B-2 shareholders elected David J. Wescott for a two-year term; and Class B-1 shareholders elected the members of its nominating committee. The election of the Class B-3 nominating committee was adjourned to June 13, 2012.
The official results and voting percentages for each of these proposals will be disclosed in a report to be filed early next week with the Securities and Exchange Commission.