NEW YORK, July 1, 2011 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc.SM (Nasdaq:NDAQ) announces the appointment of directors to The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC, NASDAQ OMX PHLX LLC, and NASDAQ OMX BX, Inc. Boards. Directors serve a one year term.
The name and title of directors appointed to the Boards of The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC, NASDAQ OMX PHLX LLC and NASDAQ OMX BX, Inc. are highlighted below.
- Stephen D. Barrett, Managing Partner of Barrett Associates
- Michael J. Curran, retired Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Boston Stock Exchange
- John A. Fry, President, Drexel University
- Merit E. Janow, Professor, Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs
- William M. Lyons, retired President and Chief Executive Officer, American Century Companies, Inc.
- John D. Markese, Vice Chairman, American Association of Individual Investors
- Douglas Melamed, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Intel Corporation
- Eric W. Noll, Executive Vice President, Transaction Services, The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc.
- Wendy S. White, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, University of Pennsylvania
The following director has been elected to the Boards of The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC and NASDAQ OMX PHLX LLC.
- Daniel Bigelow President and Managing Partner, Monadnock Capital Management L.P.
The following directors have been elected to the Board of NASDAQ OMX BX, Inc.
- Brent Hippert, President & CFO, Hardcastle Trading USA LLC and Managing Principal of Brokerage Consulting Services
- Arthur R. Hogan, III, Managing Director, Lazard Capital Markets and Head of Product Strategy
- Robert P. Mazzarella, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Pyxis Mobile.
- Bruce K. Newell, retired Managing Director, Pershing Division of the Bank of New York.
- William J. Shea, Executive Chairman, Lucid, Inc.