8 February 2011 – Singapore Exchange (SGX) today said volumes achieved by its derivatives market and OTC clearing business increased in January from a year earlier.
- Securities turnover totaled $37.2 billion with an SDAV of $1.8 billion.
- ETF trading more than doubled to $789 million year on year.
Derivatives and Commodities Markets
- Derivatives volume was 5.1 million contracts, up 2% from the previous year. The average daily volume was 260,233.
- Nifty futures (SGX S&P CNX Nifty Index futures) achieved volume of 1.19 million contracts, up 42% from a year earlier, while FTSE China A50 Index futures volume was 62% higher at 214,648 contracts from December.
- Total options volume was 115,486, more than six times that of a year earlier.
- AsiaClear volume in January rose 42% year on year to 16,765 contracts, with OTC iron ore swaps volume up 57% at 4,441 contracts.
The consolidated overview of the securities, derivatives and commodities markets is available on SGX’s website at the following link: