CHICAGO, Jan. 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- CME Group, the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, today marked the one-year anniversary of the Ultra Treasury Bond contract. The contract, which is listed with and subject to CBOT rules, is the fastest growing interest rate product ever launched by the CME Group exchanges.
Robin Ross, Managing Director of Interest Rate Products, and Jonathan Kronstein, Associate Director of Interest Rate Products, discuss the one-year anniversary of the Ultra Bond contract here: http://cmegroup.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=67.
The Ultra Bond was launched on January 11, 2010, in response to strong customer demand for a contract that mimics the duration of a 30-year Treasury bond. Milestones include:
- Nearly 4,500 contracts changed hands on its first day of trading;
- First quarter average daily volume surpassed 14,000 contracts;
- Fourth quarter average daily volume exceeded 52,000 contracts;
- On November 24, the Ultra experienced record volume of 349,000 contracts traded, and record open interest of 380,000;
- As of December 31, open interest was more than 307,000.
For more information about the Ultra Bond, please visit www.cmegroup.com/ultra.