Washington, DC – The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) will convene a meeting of its Agricultural Advisory Committee (AAC) on Thursday, August 5, 2010, to obtain the views of agricultural futures market experts, national farm organizations, major commodity and agribusiness groups and the farm banking community. The major topics for discussion will be the ICE Futures US cotton contract, wheat convergence in both the Chicago and Kansas City futures contracts and price reporting in livestock markets.
The meeting will be chaired by CFTC Commissioner Michael V. Dunn, who serves as Chairman of the Committee.
Specifically, the AAC will:
- discuss the delivery point study commissioned by ICE Futures US for the Cotton No. 2 Contract;
- examine the recent implementation of variable storage rates on the Chicago Board of Trade wheat futures contract;
- review recent trends in the Kansas City wheat futures contract; and
- hear from staff at both the CFTC and USDA plus industry experts on recent issues in livestock reporting.
Links to reports, presentations, and statements are attached to the meeting agenda in the Related Links section on the CFTC’s website.
What: Agricultural Advisory Committee meeting
Where: CFTC Headquarters, Lobby level Hearing Room, 1155 21st Street, NW, Washington, DC
When: Thursday, August 5, 2010
Time: 9:00 a.m. (EDT) – 1:00 p.m. (EDT)
- Watch a live broadcast of the meeting via webcast on www.cftc.gov.
- Call in to a toll-free telephone line to connect to a live audio feed.
Call-in participants should be prepared to provide their first name, last name and afflication. Conference call information listed below:
Domestic Toll-Free: 866-811-0403
International Toll: 404-537-3349
Conference ID: 90975122